Here’s a great opportunity to learn about preserving and canning food…
Monthly Workshops beginning July 1st – Kingston, NY
- Canning food in your home is a safe and rewarding process that is fast becoming popular again! Learn how to preserve the season’s bounty from the experts at Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County’s (CCEUC) Nutrition Program beginning in July!
- Learn research based methods of food preservation as well as the full range of products that can be safely preserved using boiling water bath, pressure canning, dehydrating and freezing methods of food preservation.
- These workshops will be held at The Old Dutch Church located at 272 Wall Street in Kingston, NY.
- The fee is $25 per person / per workshop, or you can take all five for $100 and save $25. Participants may bring their pressure gauge in to be tested for a fee of $2. You get to take home a jar of what we preserve in class!
- Each workshop includes detailed instructions, resources for safe and reliable recipes, and hands-on experience led by CCEUC’s Master Food Preserver, Janie Greenwald.
- These workshops fill up quickly. Pre-register early to secure your seat!
Click here for a printable registration form and complete workshop descriptions. Sorry, no refunds. If you cannot attend you may send someone in your place. For more information call CCEUC Nutrition Educator and Master Food Preserver, Janie Greenwald at 845-340-3990 x 326.
Workshop Series Schedule All workshops are from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 1 Boiling Water Bath Method of Preserving: Seasonal Jam
Tuesday, August 5 Dehydrating as Food Preservation Method: Fruit and Vegetable Leathers & other treats
Tuesday, September 2 Fermented and Quick Pickles to Love and to Preserve: Pickles
Tuesday, October 7 Pressure Canning to preserve all your Low Acid Foods: Tomatoes
Tuesday, November 4 Boiling Water Bath Method of Preserving: Orange, Cranberry Chutney
This series is hosted by Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County’s Nutrition Education Program. For more information about Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County’s community programs and events, visit the online calendar and follow on Facebook and Twitter. CCEUC provides equal program and employment opportunities. Please contact the CCEUC office at 845-340-3990 if you have any special needs.